Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ouch.

Just woke myself up with soreness. That's awesome. Except for the waking up part. Oh, and the soreness part. I can't see any good reason to hurt so much. All I did was hike the incline in a slowish 50 min, run the long way down Barr Trail, 9 sets of Tabata push ups and sit ups (20 sec work, 10 sec rest), and the CrossFit WOD.

Today's WOD was "Karen," 150 wall balls. I used a 15 lb medicine ball. Squat -> stand and throw ball 8-10 feet up against the wall -> catch and squat -> repeat. I broke it into 15 sets of 10 and it took me 10:32. Plus a total of 89 push ups and 97 sit ups. It doesn't sound too terrible, but immediately after doing the incline, I wasn't sure I would be able to pull off a single squat... let alone 150 of them. That's why I did the pu/su mini-workout first, to give me enough rest time to recover my legs from the run. It worked. Sorta. :)

I feel like Jello. Or at least what jello would feel like if it wanted to have it's arms and legs anesthetized.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Quit whining. Section 16 this Thursday morning!