Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Long day, but...

Class this morning was alright. For some reason I actually enjoy analytical chemistry. I got home, made a huge (late) breakfast. Then I spent the rest of the day studying physics for my MCAT. Bleh. By late afternoon, when I'm supposed to be getting ready to workout, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch with a pile of dove dark chocolates. I have not had any form of added sugar since March 1. That's a pretty good accomplishment for me, since I'm such a sugar addict.

Instead of giving up, I grumbled, cussed, got dressed, and went to the crossfit gym. Our WOD was: max. rounds in 30 minutes of 5 pull-ups, 5 dips (ring dips for the tough guys), and 15 sit-ups. No rest. Just 30 minutes straight work. It was awesomely brutal. I managed 22 rounds + 5 pull-ups. That gives me a total of 115 pull-ups (with one band), 110 box dips, and 330 sit-ups. Holy crap.

Oh, and I got 3 PRs yesterday. My form was kinda crappy, but my lifts were fairly strong.
Back Squat - 175lb
Overhead Press - 75lb
Dead lift - 255lb

No comments: