Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CU Denver - School of Medicine

So I went up to Denver for a doctors appointment and decided to make a full day of it. My buddy Rich is in his first year of medical school at CU and invited me to come sit in on the classes. It was scary, but amazing. I can't wait.

The trip really helped me refocus on what is important. I've been allowing myself to get side-tracked from the end goal: becoming a doctor. Instead, I've set these huge side goals that are starting to actually get in the way of my pursuit of medicine. So I'm dumping them. Anyone who knows me knows that it is difficult for me to walk away from anything I want to do. But I've asked myself: are a BS in Chemistry and a BS in Human Biology really necessary to become a doctor? Nope! The alternate plan: BS in Human Bio and a BA in Chem. It cuts my remaining class load down ridiculously. It will also allow me time to actually get ready for my MCAT, prep applications, spend a bunch of time shadowing doctors, and hopefully remember what it feels like to actually have a life.

Here's to putting my true goals in the forefront!

JT - with luck, I'll actually have time to start running again. :)

3 comments:

brownie said...

You had a full day to waste in Denver and you went to school? Have you ever been on Colfax?

TitsOnTheRitz said...

I know I'm a nerd. I went to med school and really enjoyed it. Scary.

Not So Silent Bob said...

And she doesn't even get in touch with me and she is up my way....glad you liked it though.