Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Not feeling so Bold anymore!

What a fun weekend! Stayed up in Boulder at Ryan's house with 13 other people on Sunday night. Naturally, we drank heavily and stayed up very late. So with about 4 hours of sleep, hung over, and completely dehydrated, I got up on Monday morning and r*n my first 10K! For those who don't know the Bolder Boulder is insanely huge. We had over 50,000 participants and it took several hours to cycle everyone through. Fortunately, there was beer waiting for me after the r*n at the "9K Bar" set up by NHW and Brownie. After securing as much free schwag as I could get my hands on, I stumbled down to the 9K and proceded to drink again right there on the streets of Boulder. I love this town.

Although I know I was extremely slow (my dehydrated body and busted knee fighting me the whole way) I still don't know exactly how slow I actually was. I was more interested in getting a beer than waiting around to find out my time. Normally results are posted, but there is some sort of SNAFU going on with getting the results online. The website says it'll be up tomorrow morning. It would just be nice to know...

The rest of the long day included: crepes at some sort of fair in Boulder, a shower (yay!), sushi, a party at a friend's house in Denver, and crashing at another friend's house in Denver (thankfully because I would have died if I had tried driving home). I finally drove back to the Springs this afternoon through a tornado warning. Whee!

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

I love busy weekends like that!!! they Rock! I bet you still kicked butt this weekend in the race :)