Thursday, May 3, 2007

An Incline Morning

I was a little bit overly motivated this morning. I did a short warmup jog in the the Garden, before I headed over to hit the incline. It wasn't a record time for me, but it was an awesome morning. Folks from my friend Jen's company were doing the incline for PT so I met her out there. Jen and I started 20 minutes after everyone else had taken off. I wasn't expecting to see anyone of them still on trail, but we passed one guy within the first 1/3 mile! Talk about struggling. He's still fairly new to CO.

Hiking up the incline in the fog is incredibly misleading. It's a good thing I've done the trail before and had a fairly good idea of how it's laid out. At no point in the morning could you see more than 50' ahead or behind. For those who know, the false summit about 2/3 of the way up would have been horrible for someone who didn't know it was there.

So Jen and I got to the top of the trail. I continued on up to take the longer way down to Barr Trail, while Jen went back down the incline to make sure the troop from her company hadn't died along the way. I had a great run down Barr Trail, the kind that just feels good. I passed another group of the wankers from Jen's work on the way back down. They were walking. SLOW! All in all, it was a great trail for me this morning. Which is good, since I need to get my bum up that trail more often! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

I looked up the word dork the other day and this is what it means : A dork is a person who is deemed 'quirky', 'different', or 'eccentric' by others of a purportedly higher social standing

Awesome! hahahahhaha Social Standing my ass!

brownie said...

You need to keep heading up after the Incline to bag Rocky Mountain and Mt. Manitou!

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Show me, I'll play. I ordered new trail runners today. :)