Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A calorie is a calorie??

To quote from a healthy diet forum...

"I TOTALLY agree with this post! a calorie is a calorie...it really doesn't matter what it comes from."

Crap like that kills me. Some foods (especially the overly processed kinds) are much harder for your body to use. So how can people think that it doesn't matter if they are eating garbage as long as they don't eat more than their "daily calorie allowance?" I wonder if people like that bother to figure out what a good daily allowance is for them specifically or if they just go with the USDA standards.

Aside from that, I feel like I'm living proof that they are wrong. Lately I've been paying a lot more attention to the crap that I've been putting into my body. Just having improved the quality of what I eat, I dropped ~12lbs in 2 weeks without any major lifestyle changes and I feel a thousand times better. Though I've always kept an eye on how much I ate, watching what I eat has made a larger difference than I would have thought.

Of course, Brownie will say I'm full of shit. He's on the beer and bacon cheeseburger diet and I'm sure he'll say it works well for him. If I tried that, I would drop dead of a heart attack.

2 comments:

brownie said...

You are full of shit. You stopped drinking, and that constitues a major lifestyle change. Alcohol calories are worthless, though yummy, and if you don't do anything to burn 'em off it's just as bad as calories from processed sugar.

I dropped ten pounds in a month from adding peanut butter to my bacon cheeseburgers. Guess it's the extra protein that did the trick.

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Gee, I couldn't see that comment coming at all...