Thursday, April 3, 2008

GoG 1


Made it out for my first Garden of the Gods training run this morning. I haven't been awake this early in a few months. My knee has been hurting a lot in the past few days. I was worried that I would get out there, run half a mile, and end up limping and sniveling back to the car. Fortunately this did not happen. I hate to feel like a pansy.

I went with the slow group for two reasons: 1) because of my stupid knee, and 2) to gauge my current running state compared to last year. The results were encouraging!! Last year at this time, I was barely making it up those hills in the Garden, even walking some of them. I was usually somewhere around the middle to back of the pack. I always felt like I was sucking wind, but it seemed to help me improve. Today, even though I took it a bit easy, I was at the front of the pack, circling around to pick up runners/walkers at every hill. Last year it was me that was being picked up, even after doing the training runs for a while. This year, I'm starting off so much better it's ridiculous. It must by the Incline Club runs. After trying to run up Pike's Peak, even in shorter walk/run spurts, running in the Garden just doesn't seem so tough!

As usual, sunrise in the Garden is beautiful.

Location: Garden of the Gods
Distance: 4.51 miles
Time: 47:01
Pace: 10:26

3 comments:

brownie said...

Glad I can still use that nasty e-mail because you wussed out on the Incline Club hill climb! Bad weather never killed anyone*!



*that's actually not true, but you're still a wanker for missing.

brownie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TitsOnTheRitz said...

Hey punk, I had to work during the hill climb.