Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tabata what you hate.

That was the workout for the day. Tabata means 20 sec of work, 10 sec break eight times per exercise, completing all eight before moving on to next exercise. We had our choice for what exercises and how many to do. Most people had picked four, but I already had 5 in mind when I went in. So I stuck to that. Of course, so did everyone working out with me. :)

What I picked: and why
knees-to-elbows: because I just suck at them
ring hang: I want to be able to do ring dips and eventually muscle-ups
handstand holds: to build up for hand stand push-ups
wall ball: I needed a leg exercise
plank: because my core is pathetically weak

It turns out that the ring hang was by far the hardest for me. I made it the full 20 seconds the first time, the second time was about 15 seconds, by the third and fourth time I was barely able to make 10 sec, and as I was finishing up I could barely hang on for even 8 seconds. Sheesh, bull riders do that and my rings aren't even bucking! I'm definitely gonna need to spend more time on these.

No comments: