Sunday, May 4, 2008

Colorado 1/2 Marathon & 10k

I didn't get to sign up for the half marathon, because I didn't know I would be able to come up for it until it was too late. The half and the full had already been capped. I signed up for the 10k so that I could come up with my friends Jen & Chris who were running the the half. I'm stoked. Not only did they do fairly well, Jen is going to register for the PP Ascent! I guess some spots opened up from people who didn't register correctly when they singed up for the PPA, so now I get another buddy running with me. :)

My goal for the day was to run the 10k in under 1 hour, shooting for a 9:30 pace. I had a rough start to the run. At first, I was stuck behind a HUGE crowd of people that were barely crawling along. I leave weaving through slow people. Then, only about 3/4 of mile in, I turned my ankle. I came down on it hard and it slowed me down considerably until I could run it off. I had a moment of fleeting panic that I had just ruined my summer of running by aggravating an old injury. But, there was no way a stupid road 10k was going to take me out from BTMR or PPA or Imogene. It still aches now, but I think running on it instead of stopping probably helped.

What: Colorado Marathon 10k
Time: 59:20
Pace: 9:35

4 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Nice job! So how is the new bed?

brownie said...

Wave 1 of the Ascent never closed, I think she qualifies for that?

PlaysByEar said...

DzAmgit you beat my last 10K by :38! Good job. I guess its time to start running again.

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Brownie, she's signed up for Wave 2. She's pretty fast, but not that fast (yet).