Monday, September 3, 2007

Hamlet & Antonio

Searching for the act and scene of a particular line from Hamlet, I came across this website (http://www.barbarapaul.com/shake/hamlet3.html). I had no idea how many titles of various works came from different parts of Hamlet. Who has the kind of time to determine them and list all of them out? I'm grateful they did, else I wouldn't have found the line I sought.

Theatre Works did an excellent job with the production of both Hamlet and Antonio's Revenge. Of course, my view on this may be slightly colored by knowing members of the cast. It helps make the show more personal for me. Sitting in the very front row also had a strong impact. There is an intesity felt when you're that close to the action that can't be described properly... I could see the glistening of tears and mirth in their eyes, feel the air stir with their movements. I was drawn in more completely than I have ever been for a show before.

"... to hold, as't were, the mirror up to nature; to show virtue her own feature, scorn her own image, and the very age and body of the time his form and pressure."

No comments: