Thursday, April 26, 2007

Theatre anyone?

The last play of the semester that I've worked on is in it's last weekend. I was part of the crew that designed and made all the masks and puppets for this show. I have been too damn busy to see it myself, yet. I'm planning on going to see it Friday night at 7:30pm. Call me if you're interested in going. 805-423-1219

CAUCASIAN CHALK CIRCLE
by Bertolt Brecht
An abandoned little child is rescued by a peasant girl during the chaos of war. At the risk of her own life the girl protects the child while embarking on her own harrowing adventure of escape. Finally the child is safe---but then is suddenly claimed by the mother who abandoned him. Who does this child belong to? His birth mother or the woman who has cared for him? Only a foolish judge can decide, and by a curious test of his own devising. This production boasts elaborate masks, puppets, music, song, spectacle and an ensemble cast playing many roles in Brecht’s famous “epic” theatre.

In the BON VIVANT THEATRE at Union & Austin Bluffs
Wednesday- Saturday @ 7:30
Saturday Matinee @ 2
Tickets only $10, UCCS STUDENTS FREE!

3 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

That sounds fun to me! I can't go tonight but maybe tommorow?

brownie said...

I read in the latest "Theatre Today" magazine that the play wasn't very good.

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Brownie, don't pretend that you read things unrelated to alcohol or running.