Friday, April 27, 2007

Climb!


I'm finally getting back into rock climbing after a year on the ground. Trying to build up strength again is kicking my ass, but it's got to be done so I can get back out there and actually climb routes! Yesterday was my second day back at it. It's getting better already, but I'm still such a sissy!
Last night at the gym, after a couple of hours of climbing, there was a groovy event that took place. A guy I know, Keith (www.ladzinski.com), was showing some of his pictures (including climbing shots from Africa, Spain, and Ouray). They had free food, beer, wine and raffled off a ton of schwag. I won new climbing shoes! It was awesome to see so many of my climbing buddies again! But the most amazing part was just the photos and the stories behind them. I even had a dream that I was in Africa. It must be time for me to get back outside!

2 comments:

Catwoman said...

I have a pair of climbing shoes (size 8.5ish) and a harness that I am never likely to use again (I fell climbing in 1996, really hurt my back and haven't been climbing since). Is there a notice board at your climbing place where you could put up an advert for me as I may as well get rid of them before I go to DC.

Outdoorgirl said...

Put them on Craigs list!!!