Monday, June 1, 2009

Pull-ups

It's a love-hate relationship with me and pull-up workouts. I love how strong and fast I'm getting with pull-ups. Our workout today was 5 rounds of 21 pull-ups and 15 dumbbell split cleans (30#). I was cruising. In the first round I managed to get 9 pull-ups without stopping. That's the most I've ever done consecutively. I really was moving quickly through the workout. My first round of cleans were a bit awkward, because I wasn't used to having the dumbbells instead of barbells, but once I had that down I really did move fairly quickly. Half way through my round four pull-ups, I tore the big hole in my left hand as well as the two center ones on my right hand. I had to stop and tape my left hand because I was bleeding so much I kept slipping off the bar. I finished round four pull-ups, looked down and there were three more holes. At that point I decided to save what was left of my palms. I finished the dumbbell cleans and called it a day. It's amazing how many nerve endings you have in exposed layers of flesh on your palms. Wow. What pisses me off most is that I didn't get to finish the workout and I had a really fast time going, plus it'll be at least a week before I get to do another pull-up. :(

2 comments:

brownie said...

Can't believe you let blood stop your workout, wus. You're definitely not pink cast material.

PlaysByEar said...

Yikes, that's some grip! I hope I remember that...