Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting back into it

And it's about time, too. So I think that I've finally figured out my next two major goals. Both of them will be incredibly time consuming, but good for me. My MCAT is on Jan 31. And I think I'm going to run the Austin Marathon on Feb 15. If I complete the Marathon in under 5:30, I can qualify for the Pikes Peak Marathon.

It's funny. I'm not sure which of these things is going to be harder. Both will certainly take a lot of training and time. I like the combination of physical and mental challenge. Hopefully, my RA agrees with my goals and lets me keep working toward them. I can only play it by ear. I'm planning out my workout & study schedule tomorrow. That will be a challenge in itself.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Yes! Another Austin commitment! It'll be my first and will be great to see friendly faces!

brownie said...

You'll never make it!

PlaysByEar said...

WTF, everyone is coming to Austin suddenly. How much beer am I going to have to buy?