Monday, August 11, 2008

Ascent Buzz.

I'm finally starting to get anxious! The Ascent is this weekend. I don't feel remotely ready for it, but I'm still excited to get out there. Went up to the peak again on Saturday and did a short run down to the 2 mile point and then hiked/ran back up. It felt pretty good considering my legs were jello from the gym on Thursday. Matt Carpenter passed me at the very top and that helped inspire a little bit more effort out of me right at the end. I'll just have to keep that picture in my head on Sat. Well, that and the cold beer waiting for me at the summit.

It's kind of interesting... the medical office that my mom works for will be working both the Ascent and the Marathon. I just found out that my mom will be one of the doctors at the top of the Peak on Ascent day. Hope I don't need her attention! :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck!

brownie said...

Get your lame ass up there so you can still make the Kimchi hash.