Sunday, July 6, 2008

12k Summer Round Up

When I started car shopping yesterday, I never imagined that I would be at it for over 15 hours and that it would keep me up until after midnight. Coughing like crazy kept me awake most of the night. I dragged my sorry carcass out of bed at 6:00 this morning thinking that the race started at 7:30. At 6:34 I decided to check the website, just to make sure. Good thing I did. The race began at 7am. Oops. Grabbed my crap, couldn't find my Garmin, and ran out the door. I made it to the start with 3 whole minutes to spare. :) I don't think I've ever felt so unprepared for a run in my life. I don't think I'll try that routine again.

So with my knee still slightly swollen (at least it's no longer the size and consistency of a grapefruit) and 3 hours of sleep I ran my crappiest race of the summer so far. I hate walking during races, but I promised myself that no matter what I was finishing this run. I did. I think my time was 1:34ish. SLOW. But, hopefully the run helped stretch out my knee and work through some of the soreness. We'll see. BTMR next week! Woo hoo!

All in all, a good morning! My only real worry is that I didn't see my Angela out there. I hope she made it. :(

2 comments:

brownie said...

Can't believe you pussed out of the DIM, loser!

brownie said...

Good luck at Barr Trail!