Friday, June 13, 2008

Which marathon?

I have quite a few crazy goals with running this year. My favorite runs that I already have planned are the Pikes Peak Ascent, Imogene Pass, and the Colorado Relay. In addition, I want to do my first marathon this year. I'm just not sure which one I should shoot for. I'm considering some of the ones my friends are running and some that just sound awesome:

4 Oct - Crazy Horse Marathon (Brownie is running this one)
4 Oct - Big Sur Marathon (Beautiful run at sea level!)
2 Nov - New York City Marathon (Family in New York)
16 Nov - Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon (Several friends running this)
7 Dec - Tucson Marathon (Several friends running this)

The Ascent is in mid August, Imogene is in early September, and the relay is the weekend after. So I'm leaning more toward the Nov or Dec runs. A little bit of recovery time seems like a good idea for me.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Crazy Horse is named after malt liquor and the trip also includes climbing at the Needles and hashing with the Big Heads!

Thinking of San Antonio too, since it's a Rock and Roll marathon now. But it's rough for me to go to Texas since I know so many peeps down in that area. Hungover marathons suck.

Even though Josh thinks Tuscon is the Garden of Eden, I haven't heard many good things about that course.