Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New York, part 2

New York was spectacular! I hardly slept the entire time I was out there. Arriving an hour and a half late on Wednesday I made it into Manhattan in time to catch up with the hashers for the on-after. Somehow they managed to keep me out until ~3am. On Turkeyday, I ran around the city during the day. I didn't head over for Macy's parade, but instead just wandered around watching the people who showed up for it. New York has the best pizza on the planet. In the afternoon, I went back to the Queens for dinner with my family. It's always nice to see that they are still the best kind of crazy. I have to admit it makes me a bit nervous when they start talking about the nice Jewish boy I am required to meet and the wonderful traditional wedding we will have. *shudder* I'll resist that whole wedding thing as long as I can, thanks.

Daytime on Friday was spent on a brief, unsuccessful shopping trip and hanging with my dad & step-mom. Then it was over to Brooklyn to hang with my friend Khris. It's funny. He's got a great little flat in Park Slope, but his tiny flat costs twice as much to rent as my huge flat downtown here. Oh the joys of big city life. I wonder where I'll be able to live if I do end up going to NY for med school. Brownie: Yuengling was consumed in Brooklyn. So was Brooklyn Lager, for that matter.

Sometime around midnight I joined a few of the hashers out at a bar in Manhattan for some karaoke. That was scary, but entertaining. I tried to do a silly song, because I was too much of a sissy to really try to sing, but ended up making a complete ass out of myself because I didn't actually know enough of the words. Ooops. Maybe next time I'll just stick with a song I can actually sing.

I met up with Khris again on Saturday and went to see a great Off-Broadway show: The Constant Couple at the Pearl Theatre Company. It was fantastic! If you happen to be in the area before 23 Dec, I highly recommend it! I hope they've got this whole Broadway on strike thing sorted out the next time I'm in NY!

No comments: