Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Outdoors math: 13 + 14 = delirium

Saturday wore me out, but what a great way to go! First thing in the morning was the Slacker Half Marathon (from Loveland Pass down to Georgetown). That afternoon we hiked up Mt. Evans, one of the 14ers right on the edge of the front range. The Slacker left me wanting to curl up and sleep (hopefully after medicating myself).

The final stretch of the Slacker Half Marathon.

Me and the Dani enjoying the free beer.

I had no plans to actually hike. I wore my running skirt, JQR shirt, and chacos. I left my camera, sunscreen, warm clothes and day pack in my car. But somehow I found myself talked into it. We drove up to Summit Lake, where I had intended to hang out while eveyone else hiked for a few hours. When we got there Brownie was kind enough to point out that the hike wasn't much longer than the Manitou Incline. It couldn't be that hard... if I could forget the fact that my legs were exhausted and cussing me. So I borrowed some sleeves from Dani and up we went. Too bad for Dani and Brownie that they couldn't make it to the top. It was awesome! I suppose I wouldn't have felt bad about not summiting if I had tickets to the Widespread concert.

Somewhere around 13,000' before we parted ways.

Bungholio & I on top.

3 comments:

brownie said...

For the record, not only have I stood on the summit of Evans with only a mountain goat for company, but I've also bagged Bierstadt (a 14er you can see from Evans) and Spalding (a CO Centennial peak that is the other high mountain at summit lake). Good on ya for gaining the peak though!

TitsOnTheRitz said...

I knew you'd have to throw in a disclaimer.

Outdoorgirl said...

Brownie has to defend his title for leaving.

Ritz rocks for doing all she did in the day

Nappy is lame and broke

Ryan is Ryan

No more comments