Sunday, June 10, 2007

10 f'ing miles.

This morning I ran the Garden of the Gods 10 Miler. It's the first time I've ever run 10 miles in one go. Surprisingly, it actually felt pretty damn good even with minor injuries. I didn't push it too hard and was just trying to run the whole way. I succeeded. That felt awesome in and of itself.

This is first r*ce I've done without chip timing. It's not a huge deal, but I've gotten used to that sort of accuracy. Starting in the middle/back of the back threw off the results in comparison with my Garmin (yes, I'm now a running-gear nerd). Either way, it's still just over an 11 minute mile pace. Not too shabby when you consider the route and that it was my first time.

From the website:
Official Results: 1:52:21
Distance: 10 miles

From my Garmin:
My Results: 1:51:49
Distance: 10.15 miles

3 comments:

brownie said...

Good run. You can probably still rego for the San Juan Solstice this Sat if you're interested.

Catwoman said...

Well done. It was a toughie. If I'd known you were doing it I would've hung around to see you!

TitsOnTheRitz said...

Yeah, Brownie, I'll get right on that....