Monday, July 16, 2007

Barr Trail Mountain Race

Woohoo! I didn't die. I completed both the run and the Mantiou pub crawl afterwards. The run was amazing. Yesterday was actually my first time all the way up to Barr Camp. Normally I only do the Manitou Incline and then run down ~3 miles of Barr Trail. For the pub crawl, we started in the park (some over acheivers started at the finish line) and went to Ancient Mariner, Kinfolks, Royal Tavern, Townhouse Lounge, and the Keg.

It's amazing what I'm willing to go through to get a free shirt that says I'm willing to go through it. Hands down, the best prize was the one Brownie put together for the finishers (see his page for a picture of the Barr Camp PBR). I hate to admit how much this race hurt, but I did meet the goal I set. Considering how little I trained for it, just finishing in the time limit seemed a reasonable goal. Of course, that means I have a ton of room for improvement for next year...

It hurts good, I swear!

The whole crew, hashers + my buddies Jen & Chris.

Time: 3:20:31
Place: about as close to last as it gets. I didn't realize exactly how competative this run actually is.
Weather: hot, but beautiful.

7 comments:

brownie said...

Next year I will not recognize the official 3:30 cutoff, and hash trophies will only be given out to those who beat the new cutoff of 3:20:31. And whoever finishes closest to that without going over will win the coveted Susan Mopper DFL award.

TitsOnTheRitz said...

If you're going to offer a "Susan Mopper DFL" award, why didn't I get one this year! :P

brownie said...

We first needed someone to set the standard for futility. Thanks for stepping up!

TitsOnTheRitz said...

You are an ass. Of course, we knew that already. Thanks for making me feel shittier about my "accomplishment." You have an amazing skill for that.

brownie said...

Hey, we all gotta be good at something!

brownie said...

PS - drink for whining!

brownie said...

This blog sucks!